These yummy treats are one of my favourites on a Christmas cookie tray. Better than fruitcake!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup soft butter or 1/2 cup soft margarine
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup candied cherry, cut in pieces
- 1 candied pineapple slice, cut in pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- 2With electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together well; beat in egg, then vanilla.
- 3With a wooden spoon, stir in flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- 4Add remaining ingredients and combine well.
- 5Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a cookie sheet; I use parchment paper on the cookie sheet when I bake these to prevent sticking.
- 6Bake for approximately 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Fruit Drops
Serving Size: 1 (754 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.1
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 65.0 mg
- Sodium 305.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 39.5 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
candied pineapple slices