Recipe by Lennie
These yummy treats are one of my favourites on a Christmas cookie tray. Better than fruitcake!
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter or 1⁄2 cup soft margarine
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup candied cherry, cut in pieces
- 1 candied pineapple slice, cut in pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- With electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together well; beat in egg, then vanilla.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add remaining ingredients and combine well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a cookie sheet; I use parchment paper on the cookie sheet when I bake these to prevent sticking.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes.