Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
French toast made w/ eggnog
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat eggnog
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute (or 2 whole eggs)
- 1 dash pumpkin pie spice
- 6 slices whole wheat bread
- Pam cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- Spray griddle or skillet w/ Pam and heat griddle to 350 dgrees F or skillet on medium heat.
- Mix eggnog, egg and spice thoroughly.
- Dip both sides of the bread into egg/eggnog mixture.
- Lay bread slices on griddle and cook on both side until lightly brown (@ 2-3 minutes on each side).
- Sprinkle w/ powdered sugar.
Yum! I used soy eggnog and it worked just fine. Nice way to spice up your regular french toast.
This might be better named *New Year's French Toast* since it's so healthy and good for those resolutions...also a great way to use up eggnog leftover from the holidays! You can really taste the nog and smell it when you're cooking...mmmm. I used 1/3 cup liquid egg whites which is supposed to replace two eggs and this made four slices of french toast, which was perfect for two of us.