Recipe by Barefoot Beachcomber
Use the Christmasy cupcake papers and add an a acorn and some greenery to finish them off. The amount will vary with the size of the papers you use.
- 2 lbs coarse salt
- 2 lbs bluestone
- 1⁄2 ounce strontium nitrate (red)
- 1⁄2 ounce calcium nitrate (yellow)
- 1⁄2 ounce borax (green)
- 1⁄2 ounce potassium chloride (purple)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the above together.
- Ladle into paper cupcake containers.
- Pour thin layer of paraffin over to coat.
- Mix in some shavings from crayons if you like.
- When the wax has set, package them up in a basket and give them to someone with a fireplace.
- They make a pretty, colour full fire!