Recipe by Marich
This is a traditional meatless pasta recipe. If you like anchovies and crisp bread crumbs, try this one.
Top Review by Little Bee
This is a traditional Italian weeknight supper when you are in a pinch for ingredients or in a hurry. I always have these ingredients on hand. However I have never made it with the additional Canola oil. It was way too oily. Sorry but I will stick to my way with just a cup of Olive oil and lots of grated Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
- 1 lb thin spaghetti (not angel hair)
- 2 (2 ounce) cansflat anchovies
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil for the spaghetti. Cook till al dente.
- Meantime, heat a heavy skillet (cast iron)and saute the bread crumbs till golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Heat oils till very warm. Add the anchovies to the warm oil. Turn up the heat and simmer till the anchovies disintegrate.
- Drain the spaghetti but leave very wet.
- Pour the oil/anchovy mixture over and toss.
- Sprinkle with the browned bread crumbs.
- My kids used to call this "dirty worms".