Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a rosy salad, due to the beet juice. A nice combination of crunch, sweet and sour.
- 2 oranges, peeled & sectioned
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can beets
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1⁄2 jicama, peeled & chunked
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup radish, chopped
- Drain and reserve liquid of beets and pineapple.
- Mix reserved juice, lime juice, 2 tbsp splenda and salt.
- Combine oranges, bananas, beets, pineapple and jicam in bowl.
- Pour juice mixture over fruit/vegetable mix and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Drain juice from fruit/vegetable mixture and discard liquid.
- Place lettuce on individual plates.
- Arrange fruit/vegetable mixture on lettuce.
- Garnish with peanuts and radishes.