Recipe by lazyme
From Christmas in Texas Cookbook.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Wow, was this good. The dh was in flavor heaven. Asked if we could have this again and again. Made as written but I used Swiss Cheese Slices and Shredded Mozzarella and a spicy tomato sauce. This was so delicious, so glad that I made 1/2 the recipe, we are having the rest tonight for dinner, yes it is that good. Thanks for sharing Lazy... going into my keeper box. Made for Holiday Hits 2015.
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1⁄4 lb sliced pepperoni
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef, browned
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 16 ounces tomato sauce, divided
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese, divided
- 16 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese, divided
- 4 ounces canned chopped mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Boil pepperoni in water for 5 minutes to remove fat; drain.
- In medium skillet, saute onion in one tablespoon butter until soft.
- Remove from skillet and saute bell pepper in 1 tablespoon butter until partially soft.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour remaining butter into 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Toss spaghetti in butter.
- Cover with 8 ounces tomato sauce.
- In order, add half of Swiss cheese, pepperoni, half of mozzarella, all mushrooms and onions.
- Next spread browned ground beef, oregano, basil and green peppers.
- Top with remainder of Swiss cheese, sauce and mozzarella. Bake 20 to 25 minutes.