Recipe by Chris McD
These are cute! Takes about an hour to make alone but more fun to do with a friend.They might just be to cute to eat. This is a no bake recipe. Dip the cherries and put the cookie half next to it, then set both pieces down together add the kiss and press into the cream of the cookie filling. I got this from Taste of Home years ago. Its a family favorite. Lovely when added as that special touch to a plate of cookies. Santa like them too!
- 24 double stuffed cream filled sandwich cookies
- 1 cup simisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening or 2 teaspoons butter
- 24 red maraschino cherries, with stems well drained (drain on a paper towel)
- 24 milk chocolate Hershey chocolate kisses
- 24 perfect sliced almonds
- 1 (2 ounce) package red decorating gel
- 1 (2 ounce) package green decorating gel
Directions See How It's Made
- Carefully twist cookies apart; set aside the halves with the cream filling. Save the plain halves for another use.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortining in Microwave (about 50-60 sec.) Stir until smooth.
- Holding each cherry by the stem, dip into the melted chocolate. Place on the cookie and add the kiss, pressing the kiss into the cream of the cookie base. Set the covered cherrie slightly off center, with the tail extending over the edge.
- For ears, place the slivered almonds between the cherry and the kiss.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Pipe green holly leaves on the cream and add red berries. Pipe red eyes on each chocolate kiss.
- Store in air tight container at room temperatue.