Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
This is a nice fancy treat for Christmas, or New Years. Nice memory making recipe to start as a tradition! Hope you like!
- 1 baked pie shell
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 cold water
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- whipped cream
- toasted chopped almonds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften the gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Combine half the sugar with the yolks.
- Add hot water and salt.
- Cook over boiling water until mix coats a spoon.
- Add gelatin; dissolve in hot custard.
- When the mixture thickens, beat egg white until stiff.
- Beat in remaining sugar, nutmeg, and rum, blend into mixture.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Let cool before topping with whipped cream (You may sprinkle almonds on top).