Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This beautiful, delicious bread will become a favorite with your family and friends. I always get asked for this recipe!
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 295.73 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml eggnog
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 118.29 ml chopped candied red cherries or 118.29 ml green glazed cherries (or both)
- In lg bowl mix butter, sugar and eggs well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir into butter mixture alternately with eggnog.
- Mix only until moistened.
- Fold in pecans, raisins and cherries.
- Spoon into greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350* for 70 minutes, or until bread tests done.
I was going to post almost this exact recipe - a holiday favorite around here! :o)
This bread did come out beautiful and moist! However, I thought it lacked in flavor. I was really hoping for a bread that tasted a lot like eggnog and I don't think this delivered it. MPO.. I gave it two stars for very easy preparation..
I had my husband make this for me because I am not a baker. I don't even like to make pancakes. Something about having to deal with flour. Anyways, this was pretty good. We used walnuts and used those cherries that you put on top of ice cream.