Recipe by Lennie
I created this boozy concoction for a Xmas party in 1979 and it was such a hit I've made it every year since. It's very tasty.
- 12 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar
- 13 ounces brandy (1 small bottle)
- 26 ounces dark rum (1 normal-sized bottle)
- 4 ounces Tia Maria
- 8 ounces Creme de Cacao
- 4 ounces rum, overproof
- 3 cups light cream
- 3 cups whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- If you don't have overproof rum, substitute ordinary white rum (or just leave it out).
- The night before the party, combine the egg yolks and sugar in a blender.
- Do this in two batches.
- To each batch, add half the liquors and half the light cream.
- Blend well.
- You may even have to do this in three batches.
- Place finished mixture in punch bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Put the 12 egg whites in a large bowl and refrigerate as well.
- Shortly before guests are due the next day, beat reserved egg whites until stiff (this works best if they are at room temperature).
- Beat whipping cream in a large bowl until it forms soft peaks.
- Fold beaten egg whites into whipped cream, then add to egg yolk/liquor/cream mixture already in punch bowl.
- Combine well but not completely-- leave it a little"lumpy".
- Dust top thoroughly with freshly grated nutmeg.
- Welcome your guests and enjoy!