- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine, softened
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 473.18 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 9.85 ml orange zest
- 236.59 ml finely chopped mixed dried fruit (prunes, apricots, pears, apples, etc.)
- 14.79 ml flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Dust the fruit with the 1 Tablespoon of flour to make it easier to combine with the cake batter.
- Cream the butter/margarine with the sugar until light and lemon colored.
- Add the eggs and beat until thick.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix into batter, and then stir in the orange peel and the dried fruit.
- Turn into a well-greased loaf pan (5"x9").
- Bake in 350-degree oven for 50-60 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.