Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are a must for your holiday baking tray! This recipe is taken from my Holiday Favorites folder, they are absolutely wonderful, and a cookie that I make every holiday season. Better stock up on all the ingredients, cause you will be making lots of these cookies, they are the ones to go quickly LOL! These can be made up to 5 days ahead and stored in an airtight container.
- 1 lb pitted dates, chopped
- 9 ounces candied pineapple, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups brazil nuts, coarsley chopped
- 2 cups slivered almonds, lightly toasted (8 ounces)
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature (no subs!)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375°.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine the fruit and nuts.
- Add in 1/2 cup flour and mix to separate the pieces.
- In a small bowl combine remaining 2 cups flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl beat the butter for about 2 minutes, then add in sugar; beat until light and fluffy (about 3-4 minutes).
- Beat in eggs until well combined.
- Add in the flour mixture on low speed just until combined.
- Add in the fruit and nut mixture by hand.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets spacing 1-inch apart.
- Bake until cookies are golden brown (about 10 minutes).
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets.
- Transfer to rack to cool.