- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream, mixed with
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (mix in a bigger bowl bigger than volume of ingredients because it will expand)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening and sugar and all liquid ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients (dry) together and add to liquids.
- Refridgerate dough and cover for at least three to four hours or overnight.
- Roll out thick on lightly floured surface or pat down and roll in between waxed paper then cut with cookie cutter. Bake in a pre heated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. The whiter the cookie the better. Do not overbake them. Cool and frost.