Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
From Leith's Recipe of the Day, Daily Mail.
- 110 g butter
- 110 g soft dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 110 g self-raising flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon mixed allspice
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 6 glace cherries, chopped and dusted with a little of the flour
- 40 g raisins
- 40 g mixed peel
- icing sugar, sifted
- boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 190. Line cupcake tin with eight paper cases.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Mix the eggs together in a seperate bowl and gradually beat into the creamed mixture a little at a time, adding 1 tablespoon of flour if the mixture begins to curdle.
- Fold in the flour and spices, adding enough water to bring the mixture to a dropping consistency. Stir in the fruit.
- Dividie the mixture between the prepared cases. Bake in the middle of the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, or until the cakes are well risen, golden and feel spongy to the touch.
- Mix together the icing sugar with a very little boiling water and when the cakes have cooled, drizzle over the top.