Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A simple but totally satisfying dessert for the holidays or anytime you want a dish you can literally sink into.
- 350 g dessert apples, thinly sliced
- 450 g good mincemeat
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 1 small orange, juiced
- 100 g flour
- 75 g butter
- 50 g sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200 C or 400 degrees F.
- Put the sliced apples in a 1 litre casserole dish, then stir in the mincemeat, the banana and the orange juice.
- Whizz the flour, butter and sugar in a food processor or work them to crumbs with your fingers.
- Drizzle over a few drops of water and stir.
- Sprinkle over the top of the dish and bake until crisp on top.
This is a Brown Betty Type dish with a twist. I love the mincemeat touch... We will make this every year as dessert for our Boxing day leftovers! Thank you!
I liked this very much - it made a pleasant change to Mince-pie. Easy, fast and very tasty.