Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A traditional Swedish treat, usually made at Christmastime. From a recipe booklet "Favorite Swedish Recipes" and posted for ZWT9 Scandinavia. DOES NOT INCLUDE REFRIGERATION TIME OF 1 HOUR
- Combine all ingredients except oil in a bowl and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Turn the chilled dough out onto a floured surface and roll out thin. With a pastry wheel, cut strips 3/4 inch wide by 3 inches long.
- Cut a gash about 1 inch long in the center of each strip. Twist one end of the strip through the slit. It will look kind of like a knot.
- Fry in deep oil at 375F until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Crullers are a Christmas delicacy served with jam as dessert or at coffeetime.