Recipe by CIndytc
I have been making this appetizer every xmas for years...I got this recipe originally out of an old Southern Living magazine.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Christmas or not (in this case it was NOT!) these are wonderful little tasties! I made the whole batch & took to a park-wide potluck for all to enjoy, & they did! Will be doing this one several times during the year as they will enhance my finger food buffet, just as they would anyone's! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef event]
- 1 loaf baguette
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- quartered cucumber, sliced
- finely chopped sweet red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice baguette into 36 (1/4 to 1/2 inch) slices; place, cut side down, on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine cream cheese and next 3 ingredients; spread mixture evenly on bread slices.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Garnish, if desired, and serve immediately.