I have been making this appetizer every xmas for years...I got this recipe originally out of an old Southern Living magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf baguette
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or 1/2 cup salad dressing
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- quartered cucumber, sliced
- finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1Slice baguette into 36 (1/4 to 1/2 inch) slices; place, cut side down, on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
- 2Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3Combine cream cheese and next 3 ingredients; spread mixture evenly on bread slices.
- 4Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Garnish, if desired, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Christmas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Christmas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Crostini
Serving Size: 1 (2327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 899.2
- Calories from Fat 440
- Total Fat 48.9 g
- Saturated Fat 22.6 g
- Cholesterol 109.9 mg
- Sodium 1457.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 24.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian salad dressing mix