Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I have been making this appetizer every xmas for years...I got this recipe originally out of an old Southern Living magazine.
- 1 loaf baguette
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- quartered cucumber, sliced
- finely chopped sweet red pepper
- Slice baguette into 36 (1/4 to 1/2 inch) slices; place, cut side down, on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine cream cheese and next 3 ingredients; spread mixture evenly on bread slices.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Garnish, if desired, and serve immediately.
Christmas or not (in this case it was NOT!) these are wonderful little tasties! I made the whole batch & took to a park-wide potluck for all to enjoy, & they did! Will be doing this one several times during the year as they will enhance my finger food buffet, just as they would anyone's! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef event]