1/4 Photos of Christmas Crescent Ring
I saw Sandra Lee make this on the Food Network and thought it looked lovely. I made it this morning to go with our coffee, and it is delicious! The almond and raspberry flavors are fantastic together! This is easy, attractive and very tasty. You don't have to wait for Christmas to enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) packages crescent roll dough
- 1 (7 ounce) container pure almond paste
- 1/4 cup seedless red raspberry jam or 1/4 cup cherry jam
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Line a heavy large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- 3Unroll crescent dough; separate along dough perforations into 16 triangles.
- 4Overlap 8 dough triangles on prepared baking sheet, forming a 10-inch-diameter dough disk that looks like the sun with a hole in the middle.
- 5Press edges together to seal the dough "disk".
- 6Using a rolling pin, roll out almond paste between 2 sheets of waxed paper into a 9-inch diameter disk.
- 7Place almond disk atop dough disk.
- 8Spread jam over almond paste.
- 9Using remaining 8 dough triangles, arrange second 10-inch diameter dough disk atop jam.
- 10Pinch edges of dough disks to seal; tuck edges under.
- 11Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 12Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- 13While ring is baking, make glaze by stirring powdered sugar, water, and almond extract together in a medium bowl until smooth.
- 14Drizzle half of glaze over warm crescent.
- 15Let glaze set for 10 minutes and then drizzle remaining glaze over.
- 16Decorate with sugar-dipped cherries and small pears, if desired.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Crescent Ring
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.1
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 18.9 mg
- Sodium 210.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 5.2 g