Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This are very tender butter cookies with walnuts. Can substitute almonds or pecans.
- 8 ounces butter
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream butter in electric mixer and add sugar, vanilla, salt and water.
- Add flour gradually until incorporated.
- Add chopped nuts.
- Scoop out dough about the size of a walnut and shape into crescent.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Tops should stay white and bottom, slightly brown.
- Dip in confectioners sugar while still warm.