Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe years ago from Byerly's grocery store in MN when they were having a promo on Mahon cheese (a spanish cheese). If you can't get Mahon, you can use manchego or a mild provolone (or any semi-soft cheese). This salad is fresh and pretty, and I serve it at Christmas (or Thanksgiving) because of its light, fruity flavor and beautiful color. Goes perfect with turkey or ham. You can buy a small container of the macadamia nuts already toasted (so less work!) It's easy, not too expensive, the ingredients aren't too exotic and you can make the dressing ahead of time. Best to put the salad together right before serving.
- 1 (10 ounce) package romaine lettuce, washed and cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup mahon cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup macadamia nuts, lightly toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup craisins or 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 7 tablespoons frozen cranberry juice concentrate, thawed
- 5 tablespoons extra light olive oil or 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons alessi raspberry blush white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk or food process the vinaigrette ingredients. Chill until served.
- In your serving bowl combine the main salad ingredients. Drizzle a little of the dressing on salad and toss to coat. Add more if necessary.