Gina Farina's Note:
I got this recipe years ago from Byerly's grocery store in MN when they were having a promo on Mahon cheese (a spanish cheese). If you can't get Mahon, you can use manchego or a mild provolone (or any semi-soft cheese). This salad is fresh and pretty, and I serve it at Christmas (or Thanksgiving) because of its light, fruity flavor and beautiful color. Goes perfect with turkey or ham. You can buy a small container of the macadamia nuts already toasted (so less work!) It's easy, not too expensive, the ingredients aren't too exotic and you can make the dressing ahead of time. Best to put the salad together right before serving.
My Private Note
cup of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) package romaine lettuce, washed and cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup mahon cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts, lightly toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup craisins or 1/2 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 1In a small bowl, whisk or food process the vinaigrette ingredients. Chill until served.
- 2In your serving bowl combine the main salad ingredients. Drizzle a little of the dressing on salad and toss to coat. Add more if necessary.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Cranberry Vinaigrette and Macademia Romaine Salad
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.4
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 6.0 mg
- Sodium 290.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 22.0 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white balsamic vinegar