Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Mini tarts with apple, pecan and cranberries make a nice addition to a Christmas or Thanksgiving meal.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 large apple, peeled,cored and diced
- 3 clementines or 3 tangerines
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 24 premade miniature tart shells (or your favourite recipe)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut the unpeeled clementines in quarters and remove any seeds then chop in a food processor, peel and all.
- Mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, apple, clementines and any juice from chopping, cranberries and pecans in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until the cranberries burst and the apple is tender.
- If mixture is too runny thicken with a mixture of cornstarch and water mixed to form a thin paste.
- Fill the tart shells with the mixture and bake for 10 to 15 minutes (until the edges are slightly brown).