Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 11 ounces cranberries
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cherry Jell-O
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup grapes, halved
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 20 ounces pineapple, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 120 mini marshmallows
- Cook cranberries until tender in 3/4 cup water.
- While hot, dissolve Jello and sugar.
- Let this mixture cool to lukewarm.
- Add grapes, celery, undrained crushed pineapple and nuts.
- Chill and serve with snowy dressing.
- To make snowy dressing-.
- Whip whipped cream in cheese.
- Fold in marshmallows.
I almost made this according to the recipe, but I really don't care for those mini mallows & wasn't interested in counting out 120 of 'em, so instead, to the whipping cream & the cream cheese, I just added a cup of marshmallow creme, & for us, that turned out great as a topping! It might not last in the fridge for a month & a half, but that's fine, too (it'll be gone in another day, anyway!), 'cause with the recipe in my keeper file, I'll be making it again several times before the end of the year! Thanks for sharing it with us! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Fall's round of Pick A Chef]