Prep 8 hrs
Cook 5 mins
- 2 cups cranberries, chopped
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups apples, chopped and unpeeled
- 1⁄2 cup seedless grapes
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (I used pecans)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Cover marshmallows and cranberries with sugar; chill overnight.
- Add apples, grapes, walnuts, salt and whipping cream.
- Chill until ready to serve.
What a joy finding this recipe. I didn't want just another cranberry recipe. I rate this recipe a solid 5 because: Ease of finding the products to make it, minimal preparation time and the final results of all who enjoyed it : ) I utilized fresh cranberries, red seedless grapes, and braeburn apples with fresh made whipped cream (i chopped fresh pecans on the side for those who would like to add some to their serving). This dish was smashing with prime rib. Joyeux Noel.....Sandra
Growing up my grandmother always made "pink salad" for the holidays....this is a taste of childhood and brings back fond memories for me.
I am so glad I found this recipe again! I made it a couple of years ago and it was a smash hit. It is a very refreshing version of a dessert style salad. There is something about letting the marshmallows and cranberries sit overnight that just does the trick. Thank you!