Prep1 hr 10 mins
Serve these bite-size gems when family and friends drop in during the holidays, or box them up to give as gifts with hot cocoa mix, tea or winter blend coffee. This recipe comes from the "Southern Living Little Book of Mini Muffins & More..." NOTE: Preparation time includes 1-hour chill time for dough.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cranberries (I used the dried sweetened ones)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Beat 1/2 cup butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add flour, beating well.
- Cover and chill dough 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 24 (1-inch) balls. Press 1 dough ball into each lightly greased cup of miniature muffin pans, shaping each into a shell.
- Combine egg and next 3 ingredients; stir in cranberries and pecans.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon mixture into each shell.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 25 minutes or until filling is set.
- Remove from pans immediately, and let cool completely on wire racks.