Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A beautiful holiday drink for a brunch, trimming the tree, etc. from We Are Not Martha blog. A side note: Club soda and soda water are almost identical and sometimes club soda is just another name for soda. The two are interchanged in drinks all the time. Club soda is often contains additives such as table salt and occasionally light flavorings. The decision between the two waters is usually a matter of taste and availability.
- Put the cranberries, sugar and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Lower the heat to low and continue to cook for about 10 minutes, remove from heat before the berries start bursting. Should you have some of the cransberries burst, don't fret over it. Cool completely.
- Once the berry mixture has cooled, strain and discard the berries.
- Put about 10 leaves of mint and one tablespoon lime juice into each glass. With the back of a wooden spoon or a muddler mash the mint.
- Add ice to each glass and pour 2 ounces of the cranberry syrup and 2 oz. rum into each glass.
- Top off each glass with soda water and float a few fresh cranberries a garnish.