Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A wonderful festive sweet and tart Christmas spread recipe, from my 10 star dips and spreads folder...this is one that your guests will just love. (Note plan ahead, this needs to stay in the fridge for 3 or more hours).
Top Review by Rhonda *J*
I made this over the holidays and when I first put it together I was very impressed as I thought the presentation was great and that it was something different, it looked very pretty on the frosted christmas platter I put it on. It had a great taste,hubby said with his first bite that it tasted like cherry cheesecake. I take stars away because mine ended up runny???? and I am unsure as to whether I would try it again or not. Maybe if the cream cheese layer was refrigerated first for a few hours before adding the topping or maybe the whole thing needed to be chilled longer, maybe even overnight? Unless I overmixed the cranberries prior to spreading?? Again, it tasted good but the consistency did not come out quite right for me.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, honey and cinnamon until smooth.
- Spread on a serving dish or plate.
- In a bowl, stir cranberry sauce until it reaches spreading consistancy; spread over cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Serve with crackers.