Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful festive, comfort food for your Christmas Party or Office Party, Whatever..... Cream Cheese, Crab, onion, lemon mixture rolled into a round ball, then rolled in more crab, topped with Seafood Sauce and sprinkled with fresh Crab meat then surrounded on a platter with Town House Christmas crackers. It's beautiful and it's soooooo... gooooood.... Everyone will ask you to serve it again, every Christmas or Special Event.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese (room temperature, softened)
- 3 cups imitation crab meat (flaked) or 3 cups lobsters (flaked)
- 1 medium sweet onion (minced fine)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar seafood sauce (for the topping)
- 1 lemon (cut into thin slices, keep ends for juice)
- 1 leaf lettuce (rinsed, pat dry, cut off bottoms)
- 1 (16 ounce) boxtownhouse crackers (1 or 2 boxes)
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, onion (onion can be minced in blender.You could use scallion white ends as long as they are minced well.).
- Add 1.5 cups crab meat (use a knife to cut and pick apart. You can use real crab from can, drained and picked apart. Must not be watery.
- Pat dry if need be.You will need 1.5 packages or cups for ball and a cup to roll in and a hand full to sprinkle, so set aside before hand so you don't forget).
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice. mix well.
- Use fork at first to mash then wash hands well, or use plastic gloves and mix well. Taste, if you need more crab, add some.
- Roll into a nice size ball.
- On a plate, dump 1 cup of crab meat and spread out on plate.
- Take the crab ball and roll into crab meat, cover well, then put into a "Pretty" Clear bowl.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set refrigerator at least 1 hour before serving.
- When ready to serve do the following:.
- Take your serving platter and layer it with dry leaf lettuce leaving a bare part in the middle. This is where you will set your crab ball. I put mine into a Pretty clear glass bowl.
- Set your crab ball in the middle, Pour seafood sauce on top like a sundae, it will drain into the bowl, not the platter, don't worry.
- Sprinkle the remaining crab meat on top of the sauce. Then put a lemon slice halve twisted on top of that, take the rest of slices and place around bowl, then stick a pate knife in the side.
- Place your crackers in layers around the ball and you are ready to go.