Recipe by Sherrie-pie
This interesting and different salad was published in the Daily Mail, from Prue Leith's column. It says: serve as part of a buffet on Boxing Day with cold meats or with grilled goat's cheese for a simple first course. You can also soak the dried fruits in the dressing while you prepare the couscous, if you want to. I've put down 10 minutes for the couscous to cook, because I haven't got a packet for instructions. But I know it's not long ...
- 250 g couscous
- chicken broth or turkey broth
- 1⁄2 juice and lemon, zest of
- 85 g dried cranberries or 85 g cherries
- 85 g dried apricots, chopped
- 85 g dates, chopped
- 55 g walnuts or 55 g brazil nuts, chopped
- 4 tablespoons parsley, freshly chopped
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the dressing by mixing the oil and vinegar together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the couscous, according to the manufacturer;s instructions, using chicken stock in place of water.
- When the couscous is ready, mix in the remaining ingredients. Stir in the dressing and season to taste.