Recipe by Lvs2Cook
I made these every year when my kids were small. This year, my daughter resurrected the recipe for our holiday cookie trays. This recipe brings back lots of memories for us.
Top Review by LexiGirl 2
This is a great tasting and eye pleasing treat. I found a few of these recipes so I compared them all and came up with using 1/2 cup butter (one stick), 34 large marshmallows, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 4 1/2 cups of corn flakes, and of course the red hots. As for the food coloring, I just kept adding it until I liked the darkness of the green. If you spray your hands with Pam after every cluster or two, you shouldn't have a sticking problem. I also found that parchment paper works so much better then wax paper. Clean your pot right after your done! The hot water will disolve the sticky mess right away. I'm also going to try the mini M&M's next time.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 (10 ounce) packageof regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring
- 6 cups corn flakes
- red cinnamon candies
- In large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in food coloring.
- Add corn flakes cereal. Stir until well coated
- Using 1/4 cup dry measure coated with cooking spray, evenly portion warm cereal mixture. Using buttered fingers, quickly shape into individual wreaths. Dot with cinnamon candies.