Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cherries, chopped
- 2 cups dates
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans
- Mix shortening, brown sugar and eggs; add salt, soda, buttermilk and flour.
- Stir in cherries, dates and pecans into batter.
- Chill 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Drop on cookie sheet by teaspoonfuls.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes.
What cherries? Canied, dried, fresh, or marichino. I like the sound of this but not sure what form of fruit? Thanks
These were very delicious, thank you!
This is an outstanding cookie, nice and moist. I'm sure this will become a family favorite. Thanks!!