Recipe by littlevanillabeans
This was my grandma and great grandma's recipe for Christmas cookies. We used to 'help' make them. They are a simple rolled cookie dough used with cookie cutters and colored sprinkles. Add taste like childhood to me.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add vanilla and eggs (one at a time).
- In a separate bowl, mix baking powder, salt and flour together.
- Add dry ingredient mixture to butter mixture a little at a time until well blended.
- Chill for at least an hour.
- Roll out onto floured surface and cut with cookie cutters.
- Decorate and bake at 325 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.