Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
My mom makes these cookies every Christmas. It is a family tradition. They are oh-so good!
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, dissolved in
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 3⁄4 cup whiskey, Old Charter brand
- 1 lb white raisins
- 1 lb candied red cherries
- 1⁄2 lb green candied pineapple or 1⁄2 lb candied cherry
- 4 cups pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix all ingredients together in a very large mixing bowl.
- You will have to add a little of the ingredients at a time once the dough gets thicker.
- Drop on greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 275 degrees until golden brown.
This is my best favorite cookies is "Chistmas Cookies". I love it too. It tastes "very good"!!!