3 hrs 30 mins
Great stocking stuffer! Yummy, and festive.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat butter, baking soda, salt, sugar and eggs in a large bowl with a mixer on medium until creamy. On low speed, beat in 2 cups of flour until just blended.
- 2Remove 1 1/2 C dough to a medium bowl; stir in vanilla and cocoa until no white streaks remain.
- 3Stir peppermint extract and remaining 1/2 cup flour into plain dough. Add about 10 drops of food color. Beat until no white streaks remain. Cover doughs and refrigerate 30 minutes, until firm.
- 4Roll chocolate dough into fat log. Divide into quarters. Working with 1 portion at a time (wrap and refrigerate rest) roll into 3/4-inch-thick rope. Spread red nonpareils on a sheet of wax paper. Roll rope into nonpareils to coat; wrap rope in foil. Repeat with remaining chocolate dough, then the green dough and green nonpareils.
- 5Place ropes on a cookie sheet; refrigerate at least 2 hours, or until firm enough to slice neatly.
- 6Heat oven to 350°F Have ungreased baking sheets ready.
- 7Slice 1 rope at a time into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Place 1 inch apart and bake 8-10 minutes until done.
- 8Remove to wire racks to cool.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Cookie Coins
Serving Size: 1 (847 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 12.8
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 2.9 mg
- Sodium 9.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: