Recipe by BecR
Absolutely delicious. A great way to start the day on Christmas morning.
Top Review by newspapergal
Delicious. It wasn't Christmas, but I made this for an afternoon treat on a cold, cloudy day. I halved the recipe easily, and topped with a bit of homemade whipped cream. I added a dash of milk to each serving, but it didn't need additional sugar. :)
- 10 cups brewed coffee
Stir together in a small saucepan
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (or cardamom)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- whipped cream, for garnish
- milk, for serving
- sugar, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium heat, boil sugar, cocoa, cinnamon and water for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add to coffee, stir and serve immediately. Stir again if served later.
- Serve with whipped topping, milk and sugar.
- Good with a splash of Brandy, Frangelico, Kahlua or Bailey's, if desired.