Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found online; posting for ZWT 7-South America (Guyana).
Make and share this Christmas (Coconut) Tart recipe from Food.com.
- Cook coconut, sugar and water until mixture thickens; set aside to cool Beat fat and sugar until light.
- Sift flour and baking powder.
- Beat eggs, salt, milk and vanilla together.
- Add flour and liquid alternately until a soft dough is formed. Put together with fingers to a smooth roll.
- Turn out on to a floured board and roll with floured rolling pin about ¼” thick
- Line 2 pie plates and spread cooled coconut filling over pastry.
- Decorate top with pastry strips as desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees until set and slightly browned.
- Note: the filling can also be pineapple, guava or guavaberry.