Recipe by VillageMom
This is a great recipe for a christmas cookie. I make it every year for the family. My kids like the chocolate chips while the grownups prefer the maraschino cherries and coconut.
Top Review by Corn Maiden
I made these for Christmas and really enjoyed them. I read the reviews and used 2/3 chocolate chips and 1/3 white chips. I'm glad I did because I think otherwise the chocolate would have overpowered the cherries. I also used part shortening and part butter. I will be making these again for the Holidays
- 236.59 ml shortening
- 354.88 ml white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4.92 ml almond extract
- 473.18 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 354.88 ml coconut
- 354.88 ml chopped maraschino cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs and almond extract, beating on medium speed until light and fluffy; about 2 minutes.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture gradually, beating on low speed just until blended. Fold in chips, coconut and cherries.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.