Recipe by Suzanne S.
From U of Alabama's "Nothing but the Best!" I made this for a football party Dustin hosted and everyone enjoyed it!
Top Review by Kady
Being an Alabama fan (ROLL TIDE) I had to try this. It was very good chili. I thought it was a little on the sweet side so I added more chili powder and garlic to "offset" this. I also added about 1 TBSP cumin as well. Thanks for the recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground round
- 2 medium white onions, diced
- 2 large bell peppers, diced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder, divided
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chili beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can beer
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- grated cheddar cheese
- chopped onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beef, onions and bell peppers in large Dutch oven.
- Sprinkle with 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, and basil.
- Using a wooden spoon, blend together and brown very slowly.
- You may drain if desired, but mine didnt have a lot of grease, so I didnt bother.
- Place tomatoes in food processor and process just long enough to cup up large pieces.
- Put tomatoes, beans and beer in with meat and bring to a low simmer.
- Add remaining chili and garlic powder.
- Add pepper.
- Cook slowly for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with cheese and onion.