Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I grew up with this for christmas dinner. The sausages used are called chipolatas, they are the same length and thickness as a frankfurter but are not spiced or precooked.
- 1 (2 1/2 kg) chicken
- 6 -8 sausages (chipolatas, these are frankfurter length sausages)
- 8 slices streaky bacon
- prepared stuffing (Sage & Onion Sage and Onion Stuffing for Roast Chicken)
- Dry chicken inside and out.
- Half fill chicken with stuffing, place chipolatas inside chicken, they will stick out the end.
- Place in roasting pan and drape to cover with streaky bacon.
- Bake at 160 C for 3-4 hours, checking regularly after 3 hours.
- Serve with your favourite roast veges.