1/1 Photo of Christmas Cherry Trifle Dessert
This is perfect to serve at the holidays, it has a beautiful red color and makes a lovely presentation that will light up any holiday table --- plan ahead, this dessert needs to be chilled for 3 or more hours, prep time includes chilling time -- make this low fat by using low fat milk and reduced fat Cool Whip and pudding mix :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 (6 ounce) package jell-o brand cherry gelatin
- sugar (optional)
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 4 cups angel food cake, sliced into cubes (or can use pound cake, about half a cake)
- 1 1/2 cups cold half-and-half cream
- 1 (4 ounce) package jell-o vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container cool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1Stir boiling water into gelatin in a large bowl at least 2 minutes, until completely dissolved (can add sugar for a sweeter taste if desired).
- 2Stir in the ice cubes until melted.
- 3Add in the cherry pie filling; stir to combine.
- 4Place all the cake cubes in a 3-qt serving bowl or large glass trifle dish.
- 5Spoon the gelatin mixture over cake.
- 6Refrigerate 15 minutes, or until set but not firm.
- 7Pour the 1-1/2 cups half and half cream into large bowl; add pudding mix; whisk for about 1 minute.
- 8Gently stir in 1/2 of the whipped topping.
- 9Spoon over gelatin mixture in a bowl.
- 10Refrigerate 3 hours or until set.
- 11Garnish with remaining whipped topping.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Cherry Trifle Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 494.8
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 22.3 mg
- Sodium 375.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 26.5 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
angel food cake