Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This salad is always included in our family potlucks or any special occasion. It is just too good to pass up!
- 1 (6 ounce) package cherry gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (6 ounce) package cream cheese
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1 (2 ounce) package Dream Whip topping mix
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Add pie filling.
- Pour into 9x12 dish.
- Chill until firm.
- Melt cream cheese and marshmallows on stove over low heat stirring continually until melted.
- Cool--then add prepared whipped topping. Blend well.
- Spread over gelatin.
- Chill and cut into squares.
This lovely salad was a hit at our large family gathering. It tastes wonderful and is an easy recipe I'll make again. Thanks!
You don't have to wait until Christmas to make this excellent salad!!! Heaven on earth is the best way to describe it. You can serve this along with the main meal (ham dinner is perfect) or you can serve it as a dessert with coffee or tea. Either way, you won't be disappointed. Thanks for sharing, Kennilyn.
This is the recipe for "doorstop dessert" that I have been looking for . Thank you so much. We really love this and it is easy to make, which is a plus.