Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This needs to chill 3 hours but is worth the wait.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpitted tart cherries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry gelatin
- 10 -13 drops red food coloring
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells, baked
- whipped topping
- Drain cherries reserving 2 tbsp juice.
- In a large saucepan combine sugar and flour.
- Stir in the pineapple, cherries and reserved juice.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Add gelatin powder; stir until dissolved.
- Stir in food coloring if desired.
- Cool until partially set.
- Stir in bananas and pecans.
- Pour into the pie shell.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Garnish with whipped topping.