Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This may also be served on the side as a sauce and doubles well, for the best flavor I recommend to use a good quality cherry preserve such as Smuckers
- 1 (12 ounce) jar cherry preserves
- 1⁄4 cup liquid honey
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar (no substitutes)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (can use a little more to taste)
- In a medium saucepan combine all ingredients; bring to a light simmer over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer stirring for 5 minutes.
- The last 30 minutes of cooking the ham remove from oven and baste with the sauce.
- Continue to cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
Amazing! Your recipes never let me down! I warmed up a ham in the crock pot on low for about 1 1/2 hours and basted every 15 minutes or so.
We love cherries and this glaze was wonderful! I used a 16 ounce jar of cherry preserves, about 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar, and allspice that I eyeballed when sprinkling. Enjoyed the sweet and tart flavors and wish I would have made more to serve along side the sliced ham on our plates. Another favorite for us Kitten! Made and reviewed for KK's Recipe Tag Game.
WOW! I love the sweet tart flavor of this glaze. I not only glazed the ham with it as suggested, but I also reserved some and placed it in a gravy boat for slathering on each slice of ham at the table. Beautiful color too. I too used white wine vinegar as I already had it in my pantry.