Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This may also be served on the side as a sauce and doubles well, for the best flavor I recommend to use a good quality cherry preserve such as Smuckers
- 1 (12 ounce) jar cherry preserves
- 1⁄4 cup liquid honey
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar (no substitutes)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (can use a little more to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan combine all ingredients; bring to a light simmer over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer stirring for 5 minutes.
- The last 30 minutes of cooking the ham remove from oven and baste with the sauce.
- Continue to cook uncovered for 30 minutes.