Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This makes a wonderful dessert for the holidays, and is very easy to prepare, just make sure that you chill it well before serving --- you might want to make two of these to serve if you have a larger dinner party, you can make this in single serving bowls also instead of a large mold :)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry Jell-O
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (optional)
- 8 ounces cola (very cold)
- 1 cup dark sweet cherry, pitted and drained
- Dissolve Jell-O in boiling water, as directed on pkg (don't add in any extra cold water).
- Cool to room temperature.
- Add cola, cream cheese, cherries and nuts.
- Mix until completely smooth, then pour into 6-cup mold.
- Chill until completely set.
- Unmold to serve.
- Note: this can be served in single serving dishes if desired.
This is another KITTENCAL WOW RECIPE! I followed Annacia's advice and used sugar-free cherry jello and diet cherry pepsi. I also used defrosted frozen cherries. I omitted the nuts. I tried it first with cream cheese and then with neufchatel. It was much better with the cream cheese. It was runny with the neufchatel. I used a hand mixer to combine it all. I would like to try this with raspberry and peach but love the cherry so much it's hard to move on to another flavor. It's creamy and tangy with nice plump cherries and a little something from the soda fizz...I could barely tell I used sugar-free. Thanks so much for this KEEPER RECIPE KIT! I'm going to make it a 3rd time for a potluck this Thursday. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
I had quite a bit of fresh Bing cherries, so I was looking for a recipe to use some. (Boy do they make a mess when pitting and cutting!) I used the sugar free Jello, light cream cheese, Pepsi and no nuts. I cut the cherries into quarters. I am not a lover of regular jello, but this mold, which is more smooth than stiff, is creamy and tasty. I didn't soften the cream cheese bcz the Neuf. is usu. soft, but then I had a harder time mixing it in. I used my blender. I wonder if it would have worked to use the stick blender? Hmmm.
I have been making this for years. It is one of my favorites. I do add a can of crushed pineapple to this recipe. Try it, you'll like it. Actually, have the stuff on the counter now to make it.