1 hr 10 mins
These are cute little bite-sized muffins. The kids (and adults) always gobble them up quickly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
CHERRY CHOCOLATE FILLING
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup finely chopped maraschino cherry, well drained (red, green, or both colors)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl, beat 1/4 cup butter and the cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa and the vanilla.
- 2Place mini foil or paper baking cups, if desired, in each of 24 mini-muffin cups. (If not using baking cups, grease the muffin pan cups.) Divide dough into 24 equal pieces. Press each piece in bottom and up side of muffin cup. In small bowl, mix all fill ingredients. Spoon about 2 teaspoons filling into each cup.
- 3Bake 16-19 minutes or until almost no indentation remains when filling is touched lightly. Do not overcook! Cool 1 hour; loosen from cups with tip of knife. Remove from pan to wire rack.
- 4In small bowl, mix 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar and the cherry juice until smooth and spreadable. Drizzle glaze over cookies; sprinkle with a few additional chopped cherries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Cherry Chocolate Mini-Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.2
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 34.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: