Recipe by less2saw
Another use for mincemeat. My friend, Dayle, made this for a Sharing Circle evening. I loved it and have made it for the holidays ever since. It sounds strange, but is rich and delicious. This is a big part of our traditional Christmas Eve "fondue" night, cause it's make ahead and ready to serve. You'll want smaller sized servings.
Top Review by Koechin (Chef)
Wonderfull!!! It took me a while to find Mincemeat. I think they only put it out at Christmas time. Finally located 1 jar. (lucky me) This is indeed rich, quite sweet and on the soft side. I think it would also work as a spread and serve it with apple slices and gingersnaps. Made for PAC Spring 2009
- 236.59 ml graham wafer crumbs
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 414.03 ml mincemeat, prepared & separated
- 946.36 ml miniature marshmallows, melted
- 78.07 ml orange juice
- 2 (500 g) package cream cheese
- 9.85 ml orange zest
- 170.09 g jarnestle marshmallow cream
- whipped cream, prepared
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend wafer crumbs and butter together, press into a 10" springform pan.
- Spread 1 cup mincemeat over the crust.
- Blend the melted marshmallows and orange juice together until smooth then chill.
- Add the cream cheese and orange zest to the chilled marshmallow mixture and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Fold into this mixture the nestle's marshmallow cream.
- Spread the cheese and marshmallow mixture over the mincemeat coated crust.
- Garnish modestly with mincemeat and prepared whipping cream.