1/1 Photo of Christmas Carrot Pudding
3 hrs 30 mins
Gumboot Gourmet's Note:
This is a traditional English steamed pudding, which I serve with Egg Nog Sauce. DH could care less about Christmas anything, except this. If I don't make this, I may as well pack my bags ... :) This is his dear Mom's recipe, just as she wrote it, I don't dare change it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle a tablespoon of flour over fruit & mix, set aside.
- 2Grate carrot & potato, set aside.
- 3Cream sugar & butter, add egg & beat.
- 4Add carrot & 1/2 of potato.
- 5Mix well & add remaining flour & spices.
- 6Dissolve baking soda in remaining 1/2 of potato.
- 7Add to pudding & mix lightly.
- 8Add floured fruit & mix lightly.
- 9Add rum or brandy if using.
- 10Pour into large buttered pudding bowl.
- 11Cover with greased parchment or waxed paper.
- 12Cover with clean cotton cloth, tied down.
- 13This recipe makes 1 large & 1 small pudding. You can make 2 medium puddings.
- 14Steam on stovetop for three hours, watching water level.
- 15Water should not come more than halfway up the bowl.
- 16At this point you can either serve it, refrigerate for a few days or put in the freezer.
- 17I try to make mine about a month ahead, put in the freezer, take it out the day before you want it, thaw in fridge.
- 18Steam for one hour before serving.
- 19Serve with egg nog sauce, or your favorite hard sauce.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Carrot Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.8
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 56.9 mg
- Sodium 259.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 25.8 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: