A wonderful Christmas holiday dessert that can be served cold from the refrigerator or frozen! To serve cut into squares then top each serving with a small candy cane if desired. To crush the candies place in resealable plastic food bag and pound with a rolling pin or meat mallet, make sure that you don't pulverize the candy in fine pieces, the candies must be coarsely chopped. If you are serving this for a large gathering then prepare two. These can also be made in 3 or 4-inch individual foil tart shells instead of the 13 x9-inch baking pan if desired. Children of all ages will enjoy this dessert!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup whipping cream, unwhipped
- 1Prepare an ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- 2For the crust; combine all ingredients then press into bottom of the baking pan.
- 3For the ganache; melt the chocolate chips with 2/3 cup whipping cream in a saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally until smooth (this should take about 4-5 minutes).
- 4Pour the ganache over the crust in the pan.
- 5Place in freezer while making the filling (at least 15 minutes).
- 6For the filling; in a bowl combine the powdered sugar with cream cheese and peppermint extract; beat at low speed until smooth and creamy (about 2-3 minutes).
- 7Add in 1-1/2 cups whipped cream; stir gently stir using a wooden spoon or spatula until combined.
- 8Gently stir in crushed candy.
- 9Spread over the cold ganache mixture.
- 10Cover and freeze a minimum of 5 hours or overnight.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Candy Cane Freezer Cake
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.5
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 43.0 mg
- Sodium 145.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: