Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yet to try
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped toasted almond
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 (6 ounce) milk chocolate candy bars
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Add sugar, corn syrup, and water.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring now and then until it reaches hard crack stage (280 degrees).
- Quickly stir in 3/4 cup of the almonds and pour onto a buttered cookie sheet.
- Spread mixture out until thin.
- Break chocolate bar into pieces and place on hot candy.
- When the chocolate is melted, spread over candy and sprinkle on the remaining toasted almonds.
- Cool and break into pieces.