Chef Regina V. Smith's Note:
An interesting use for left over Christmas Cake. From Gourmet Magazine's December 1985 issue. This is an excellent dessert to serve for a Boxing Day dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, toss the fruitcake in the rum and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- 2In each of six 6-ounce parfait glasses, make layers of the softened ice cream and the fruitcake mixture, beginning with a layer of ice cream and ending with a layer of fruitcake.
- 3Freeze the filled parfait glasses, covering loosely, for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours. (Note: If freezing for longer than 2 hours, let the parfaits stand at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes to soften slightly before serving.
- 4Just before serving, in a chilled bowl, beat the cream until it just holds stiff peaks, transfer it to a pastry bag fitted with a decorative tip and pipe it onto the parfaits.
- 5Garnish the parfaits with candied fruit, if desired.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Cake Parfaits
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.4
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 69.4 mg
- Sodium 84.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: