Prep 2 hrs
Cook 45 mins
This is my (gluten free) version of the classic fruit cake. Enjoy! http://www.elanaspantry.com/desserts/christmas-cake/
- 1 large orange
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup agave nectar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Wash the orange and boil it whole (peel and all) for 1 ½ hours, or until soft.
- Place whole orange (peel and all) in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Process in eggs, agave, almond extract, almond flour, salt and baking soda until well blended.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in cranberries, apricots, pistachios and walnuts.
- Pour mixture into a greased, almond flour dusted 9 inch springform pan.
- If cake begins to brown on top before center is done, cover with tin foil.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes, or until a knife stuck in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 2 hours.